PHP/Python Web Application Developer (ID: 3285) - Full-Time/Part-Time
Ready to be a part of something amazing? Are you looking for a company where you can really move the needle? Do you want to be a part of a company that doubled in size during a recession? If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can grow personally and professionally, if you are that person with passion for leveraging the web, finding innovative answers and wanting to move beyond boring cookie-cutter projects and into exciting projects that you will be proud of - please send us your resume and examples of your work.
Position Summary: Ideal candidate is someone with a strong foundation in computer science who consistently comes up with creative solutions and new ideas to be part of our expanding team. Fun work environment with exciting projects from fashion industry to innovative apps, every day is someting new and challenging. We are seeking someone with more than technical experience, but with real passion for finding new ways to use web to help us build our brands and reach.
- Take ownership on existing eCommerce and ERP sytems
- Build features and functionality based on specifications using a SCRUM Agile Development Methodology
- Hand-code cross-browser layouts utilizing XHTML/HTML5/CSS2+
- Optimize the environment, remove bottlenecks, research performance problems
- Diagnose and debug issues in a production environment
- Support the development processes with quality assurance, version control and build process
- Stay up-to-date on the most recent web trends and technologies to foster innovation
Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent
- Expert level knowledge with PHP/MVC, LAMP, Python/OpenObject, AJAX, JQuery Framework, Ruby, HTML
- Extensive experience with JSON, Web Services
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Strong understanding of web concepts such as session-management, transaction management, multi-tiered programming
- Experience in interpreting designs done by other team members such as UML diagrams, object models, ER models
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Attention to details and general good understanding of system administration and how all systems interact.
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity
- Experience in ASP, .Net Framework is a plus.
- Experience in eCommerce system and ERP system.
- Experience with development best practices such as version control, build automation, continuous integration
- Well organized and can prioritize workload in a fast paced environment with constant changes
- 3 to 5 years of professional web development experience.
Pickyourshoes.com's office and fulfillment center is located in Chino, California 91710
If you're interested in this position, email your resume and cover letter, along with some code samples or url to your profolio.